In August of 1977, Pilgrim Chapel was acquired by Rev. Roger Coleman, and wife, Rev. Liz Coleman. The building, located at Gillham Road and 38th, originally operated as a home for the deaf and hard of hearing. In 1929, Lutheran missionaries established a chapel fund with $12.18, and in 1942, the building opened as the Pilgrim Lutheran Church for the Deaf. The Colemans, both graduates of St. Paul’s School of Theology, envisioned the chapel as an interfaith worship center, open to people of all faiths for weddings, funerals, meetings, and special events.
 “Pilgrim Chapel Brings Dream of Interfaith Haven to Life.” Inspired Space, v. 2, Spring 1998: 1.